Friday, January 15, 2016

The Moonling Prince is Finally Here!

My new novel, The Moonling Prince, is finally out. I'm so happy with it. You can get it in paper or ebook form. (The paper book will be out a few days after the date of this posting.)

The Moonling Prince in one sentence: An empath-healer journeys to a realm on the other side of the galaxy to heal an ailing prince.

This science fiction world-building novel does contain a male/male romance because, well, I always write gay, bi and poly characters, but no warning labels apply.

This novel is the one I worked on every day in November, 2015, during the National Novel Writing Month challenge. I had started writing the book in July, but the end of Nov. was the completion date. I spent December, 2015 doing first edits, then having it beta-read, then did a final edit in the first week of Jan. 2016. Wow, what a whirlwind.

And in all that mess, I also spent every day during the month of December writing the novel's sequel, Shadow on the Moon, which was completed January 10. I just finished the first edit of that one and it's off to beta-readers. I hope to have it out in February so readers won't have to wait long to get the sequel. The first book, however, stands alone. Check it out on Amazon here.

For all of December, my poem "Build a Rocketship Contest" was featured on the Asimov's SF magazine website. It was in the January 2016 issue, but alas the new Feb. issue has come out and the poem is now nowhere to be found on that site, not even in the archives.

But never fear! That poem will be reprinted in my new, upcoming collection Dead Starships which will be out some time in the next couple of months. Stay tuned for that one. My collection Turn Left at November collected much of my newest seasonal related, and fantasy-esque poems. This new collection will bring together my futuristic and science fiction themed poetry, some new, and some previously published this past year in places like Asimov's, Dreams and Nightmares, Star*Line and others.

Anyway, I have lots of fun things in the works for 2016. So stay tuned!

Wendy


No comments:

Post a Comment