Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Mini Author Interview with Melody Clark

Now and again I include mini guest interviews with authors on my blog. It's a way for me to connect with other writers and I hope my blog readers will enjoy these interviews as well.

My friend Melody Clark has been successfully writing for a long time in many different genres.

Here are her answers to four different questions. Enjoy. And when you're done reading, please check out her stuff.



1) What are you currently working on?

I'm currently working on the sequel to the first Shamus Bead mystery, Shamus Bead and the Cure for What Kills You, and the sequel to A Room in the House of the Ancestors, which I'm now just calling Book 2.  I also have a few other ideas germinating. 
2) How does your work differ from other writers in the genre(s)?

I don't really write to genre. My work ranges over various categories. The steampunk storyline just fit neatly into the Shamus Bead concept.  I'm not certain that A Room in the House of the Ancestors has a genre.  As for my male/male novels, I'm writing romance.  Their gender really doesn't play a part in it.
3) Why do you write what you write?

An idea grips me for some reason.  Shamus Bead is, I think, about the primitive honesty of science and truth.  "A Room in the House of the Ancestors" seems to be about America in the wake of the American era and how we deal with that as a people and a cultural.  Most of my other work evolves out of various Petri dishes festering in my aging brain. 

 
4)  How does your writing process work?

This sounds insane to anyone who isn't a writer, but I develop my characters to such an extent they start talking to me.  I hear their life stories, and I follow the plot.
My website is melodyclark.net and my Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/melodyclark23

*

Thanks, Mel, for all your answers!

*

Melody Lee Clark is the author of numerous novels and non-fiction books. She is the author of A Revolutionary Romance, Defining Moments and many other fiction titles. Melody Lee Clark's fiction titles include various genres.
She is also co-author of the non-fiction titles, The Dark Shadows Companion from Pomegranate Press, Ltd and Guide to the Green Hornet from Toltec Press. She lives in the high desert of southern California with her husband and numerous dust-gathering books.

No comments:

Post a Comment